Over 70% of participants in a recent AIIM survey indicated that their companies currently use or have immediate plans to use SharePoint 2007/MOSS for Collaboration/workspaces and Document management (check in/check out). File share replacement, scanning/imaging, and email management applications were significantly lower priority SharePoint applications according to those surveyed. SharePoint can be used for collaboration “out-of-the-box” but many organizations struggle with leveraging the platform for managing transactional content, records, and emails with traditional capture solutions.
Portford has integrated SharePoint distribution in our award winning DocuNECT electronic capture platform. DocuNECT can automatically capture electronic files from Folders, FTPs, sFTPs, email, fax servers, and apply your business rules to distribute documents and data directly into SharePoint. DocuNECT’s standard features can be used to migrate documents from file shares to SharePoint and automatically create document folders and document properties based on existing folder/file naming structure. DocuNECT’s advanced capture features can be used to automatically classify documents and extract the data required to instantiate a workflow in SharePoint. SharePoint customers can also leverage DocuNECT’s desktop capture tools such as the Virtual Print Driver and the Windows Explorer integration allowing users to quickly capture and index electronic files.
Don’t miss a live demonstration and overview of DocuNECT can add value to your existing SharePoint implementation:
- Automatically classify and index TIFF/PDF images and MS Office files based on your business rules
- Capture files directly from any application using the DocuNECT Virtual Print Driver for SharePoint
- Automatically capture an unlimited volume of files from Multi-function copiers, fax servers, email, sFTPs and FTPs
- Quickly implement a distributed capture process using DocuNECT’s intuitive and completely web-based user interface
- Automatically rotate, clean up, and apply industry leading image compression without sacrificing quality or performance
Who should attend?
End Users and Administrators interested in increasing the value of their SharePoint implementation with any of following applications:
- Migrate documents from network folders to SharePoint
- Enable document scanning into SharePoint from network scanner/copiers
- Automatically kick-off a workflow from emails and faxes received
- Print electronically from any print enabled application directly into SharePoint
- Quickly organize and index batches of files from the desktop into SharePoint
When is it?
DATE: April 14th, 2010
TIME: 10:00 to 11:00 am PT/ 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
This is a free event, however registration is limited. If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com or call (949) 333-0331.